The Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury, CDFI Fund. NEF provides direct loans to start-up and existing micro /small businesses across Nebraska. NEF works collaboratively with lending organizations and banks to assist in filling financial gaps for businesses. NEF has long been a supporter (loans and grants) of programs in Nebraska that provide training, technical assistance and/or loan services to micro businesses.
- The history of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund began in 1994. With multiple micro programs developing across the state at that time, it became apparent that there was a need for an organization to assist in procuring grant and loan funds to meet long-term operational and lending needs.
Gene Severens, set out to work on the design and development of the Nebraska Microenterprise Partnership Fund (NMPF), a statewide microenterprise intermediary, and served as the first director. NMPF’s name was changed to Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) in 2008, but the mission and purpose remained the same.
- NEF program partners are located across Nebraska with businesses in all counties having access to business training, one-on-one technical assistance / business coaching and micro / small business loans.
List of Program Partners:
- Catholic Charities Microbusiness Training and Development Program
- Center for Rural Affairs/REAP
- Community Development Resources
- GROW Nebraska
- Hastings Community Redevelopment Authority
- View All Program Partners…
If you start a business, one key to success is to know about your federal tax obligations. You may need to know not only about income taxes but also about payroll taxes. Here are five basic tax tips [more]
Does Your Marketing Attract Customers? HOLBROOK – Now is the time to make sure that your website content and social media messages will attract customers and lead to sales for the holidays. The [more]
Celebrate the 20th birthday of Nebraska Enterprise Fund by joining us on June 10th to celebrate Innovation in Nebraska. [more]
NEF is sponsoring "Audit Your Sales Process" in a series of 5 workshops running every other week beginning April 1, 2014 in Omaha. This course is designed to help your company accelerate sales by [more]