The Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury, CDFI Fund. NEF provides direct loans to start-up and existing micro /small businesses across Nebraska. NEF works collaboratively with lending organizations and banks to assist in filling financial gaps for businesses. NEF has long been a supporter (loans and grants) of programs in Nebraska that provide training, technical assistance and/or loan services to micro businesses.
- The history of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund began in 1994. With multiple micro programs developing across the state at that time, it became apparent that there was a need for an organization to assist in procuring grant and loan funds to meet long-term operational and lending needs.
Gene Severens, set out to work on the design and development of the Nebraska Microenterprise Partnership Fund (NMPF), a statewide microenterprise intermediary, and served as the first director. NMPF’s name was changed to Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) in 2008, but the mission and purpose remained the same.
- NEF program partners are located across Nebraska with businesses in all counties having access to business training, one-on-one technical assistance / business coaching and micro / small business loans.
List of Program Partners:
- Catholic Charities Microbusiness Training and Development Program
- Center for Rural Affairs/REAP
- Community Development Resources
- GROW Nebraska
- Hastings Community Redevelopment Authority
- View All Program Partners…
Omaha, Neb. – James Reiff of Omaha began work this week as the new Executive Director of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF), a champion for Nebraska’s small and micro business community. Reiff is [more]
NEF was honored to be selected as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) to take part in the “Strengthening Small & Emerging CDFIs” training for Midwest organizations in Detroit [more]
The Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) recently worked with Representative Lee Terry’s office to coordinate visits to two businesses in his district on Monday, August 19, 2013. The two businesses [more]
Nebraska Enterprise Fund's Executive Director, Rosemary Jaspersen, retiring after 13 years with the organization. NEF Retirement Release (1) 6-25-13 [more]
Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) was selected once again to present at The Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank - Omaha Branch’s Investment Connection event on June 26, 2013. Investment Connection is a [more]