The Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury, CDFI Fund. NEF provides direct loans to start-up and existing micro /small businesses across Nebraska. NEF works collaboratively with lending organizations and banks to assist in filling financial gaps for businesses. NEF has long been a supporter (loans and grants) of programs in Nebraska that provide training, technical assistance and/or loan services to micro businesses.
- The history of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund began in 1994. With multiple micro programs developing across the state at that time, it became apparent that there was a need for an organization to assist in procuring grant and loan funds to meet long-term operational and lending needs.
Gene Severens, set out to work on the design and development of the Nebraska Microenterprise Partnership Fund (NMPF), a statewide microenterprise intermediary, and served as the first director. NMPF’s name was changed to Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF) in 2008, but the mission and purpose remained the same.
- NEF program partners are located across Nebraska with businesses in all counties having access to business training, one-on-one technical assistance / business coaching and micro / small business loans.
List of Program Partners:
- Catholic Charities Microbusiness Training and Development Program
- Center for Rural Affairs/REAP
- Community Development Resources
- GROW Nebraska
- Hastings Community Redevelopment Authority
- View All Program Partners…
Does Your Marketing Attract Customers? HOLBROOK – Now is the time to make sure that your website content and social media messages will attract customers and lead to sales for the holidays. The [more]
The IRS Small Business Owners / Self Employed Division is sponsoring a FREE one hour webinar for small business owners, "Better Business Through Better Records." The following is a list of [more]
NEF is sponsoring "Audit Your Sales Process" in a series of 5 workshops running every other week beginning April 1, 2014 in Omaha. This course is designed to help your company accelerate sales by [more]
Omaha, Neb. – James Reiff of Omaha began work this week as the new Executive Director of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF), a champion for Nebraska’s small and micro business community. Reiff is [more]
NEF was honored to be selected as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) to take part in the “Strengthening Small & Emerging CDFIs” training for Midwest organizations in Detroit [more]